CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, INTELLIGENCE,
RISK INFORMATION & CYBER RISK EXPERT
Globally recognized information and cyber risk executive and analyst with over thirty years of experience actively developing, executing, and managing cutting-edge industry initiatives to solve severe societal challenges to shape domestic and international policy for government, financial service, health care, law enforcement, insurance, and energy agencies. Leverages vast knowledge of government and commercial operations, risk management, cyber security, terrorism, international criminal syndicates, intelligence, and privacy to evaluate market and business risks to help organizations scale and achieve high levels of growth. Assists companies in deploying technology to efficiently solve problems in a sustainable manner and transform weaknesses into strengths. Additional areas of expertise include: mergers & acquisitions, developing strategic partnerships, executive management and coaching, cloud-computing, solution selling, due diligence, process improvement, leadership, and investment banking,
Critical Leadership Initiatives
- Co-founded Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group (LN) in 2001, one of the fastest growing portfolio company for Reed Elsevier for almost a decade. Grew company EBITDA to 40% while doubling revenue every year. Founded the LN classified business division; worked with the White House, Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to establish and architect information risk programs post 9/11 to meet the nation’s rapidly increasing needs for information risk solutions resulting from terrorism and cyber crime threats.
- Served for over ten years as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the National Fraud Center. Assisted in the development of the Economic Crime Institute at Utica College and formed and operated a non-profit regional law enforcement information exchange, the International Fraud Symposium (IFS).
- On behalf of the United States Government, post 9-11, architected and developed strategy for the establishment for the Office of National Risk Assessment (ONRA) DHS. Developing a terrorist information risk assessment strategy for the White House and integrating it with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Laboratories and Intelligence Community(IC). Developed strategy for integrating high speed parallel processing super computers for multiple programs in order to ingest, process and analyze, realtime big data for mission critical threat decisioning.
- At the request of the United States government, assisted in founding the Information Reference Services Group to develop industry best practices, policies, and proposed laws for sharing personal information domestically and internationally that synergized with existing international regulatory programs.
- Transformed CiNet, a Texas-based risk based distance learning business, into a leader in distance education. Quadrupled CiNet’s value in a little over eighteen months by upgrading their business model to incorporate the latest in technology to accommodate international and domestic markets.
Managing Partner & Chief Executive Officer, Bluewater international January 2009 to Present
- Founded the company in 2009 to support select “for profit” companies that range from early stage startups to Fortune 500 with a focus on solving social risk issues with business models that are reoccurring and sustainable.
- As CEO, leads the development and execution of long term strategy to create stakeholder value. Responsible for day-to-day management decisions and implementing company plans in alignment with set goals. Communicates with the managing partners on behalf of the company, stakeholders, employees, government authorities, shareholders, and the public.
- Utilizing Bluewater’s proven market guidance criteria, develops carefully selected, high growth companies through individual executive advisory services or in tandem with other Bluewater senior advisors
- Recently led Bluewater management in a complex reboot of CiNet, a Texas-based distance learning company. Phased out older technology being implemented and transformed the company into a sophisticated, web based communication service for domestic and global markets.
- Coaches executives from portfolio companies on the merits and applications of new technology/processes. Leverages their strengths to maximize current potential and builds toward future success by transforming weakness into strengths.
Chief Executive Officer, Critical Information Network December 2008 to December 2010
- As CEO, worked in conjunction with Bluewater management to perform a complex reboot of CiNet, a Texas-based distance learning company. Phased out older technology being implemented and transformed the company into a sophisticated, web based communication service for domestic and global markets. Quadrupled the company’s market value in a little over 18 months.
Co-Founder, Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group January 2001 to December 2008
- Co-founded Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group (LN) in 2001, the fastest growing portfolio company for Reed Elsevier for almost a decade.
- Grew company EBITDA to 40% while doubling revenue every year.
- Founded, CEO and established the LNSSI, classified business division; worked with the White House and Department of Homeland Security to establish and architect information risk programs post 9/11 to meet the nation’s rapidly increasing needs for information risk solutions resulting from terrorism and cyber-crime threats.
- Created and served as Chief Officer for the Lexis Nexis Global Government, Industry and Regulatory Affairs group. Provided critical leadership to government and industry stakeholders on dealing with rapid changes in information risk due to the exponential growth of digitization in the global marketplace.
Coalfire —Board Director/Investor, Present
XOR — Board Director/Investor, Present
Infozen — Board Director/Investor, Present
ID Experts — Board Director/Investor, Present
clearforce — Board Director/Investor, Present
National Association Corporate Directors —Board Fellowship, Present
Council of International Investigators —Member, Present
Chairman and Secretary, Former
National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners —Member, Present
American Society for Intelligence Officers —Member, Present
Association for Certified Anti-Money Laundering —Member, Present
International Association for Chiefs of Police —Member, Present
Information Reference Services Group (IRSG) —Founding Member, Former
National Fraud Center —CEO/Chairman, Former
The International Fraud Symposium —Founding Member/Chairman, Former
Austin Logistics Incorporated —Director, Former
Comvest Private Equity —Operating Partner, Former
Baird Capital — Advisory Board Member, Former
Utica University — Board Member for Economic Crime Institute, Former
Indiana University Center For Identity Management and Protection —Chairman/ Board Member, Former
University of Texas Center for Identity —Chairman/Board Member, Former
National White Collar Crime Center —Board Member, Former
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Frequent speaker on cyber risk, terrorism, international criminal organizations, fraud, global risk information supply chains, identification, authentication, and privacy before many national and international professional and law enforcement organizations.
Active spokesperson among the media regarding information and security topics as well as publisher of numerous articles, reports, and studies with regards to the subject
West Chester University.
BA, Public Administration, Pre Law
National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Certified Fraud Examiner
National Association of Corporate Directors
Council of International Investigators
Certified International Investigator
Top Secret Clearance.